On Saturday, March 26, my Dear Friends and college roomm
ates through me a beautiful baby shower! It was a Quivey's Grove--a neat restaurant in Madison that is actually inside of an old stone Horse Stable.
ates through me a beautiful baby shower! It was a Quivey's Grove--a neat restaurant in Madison that is actually inside of an old stone Horse Stable.
I am the last of this group of have a baby. I will certainly rely on these girls as I learn so much about "all things baby"! From left to right: Erin, Marisa, me, and Jeni
All of the details were beautiful! Upon entering the upper levels, there was a lovely table set with cupcakes, a Piggy Bank for people to fill with "Nickels for Baby Nichols", and a lovely hand drawn tree where everyone used their finger to make "leaves" and to write a message.
Quivey's has never looked more lovely!
The centerpieces were beautiful white tulips with personalized vases. The tables and decorations were all done in green and brown and were classic-contemporary (so pretty). They even had personalized menus placed into folded napkins for the event!
Even the prizes that guests won during the games were perfectly coordinated!
Here is the yummy dessert--cupcakes from my favorite bakery in Madison. They even had the frosting coordinated to match all of the decor, and each cupcake had it's own personalized topper.
The invitations asked everyone to bring a book for Baby Poppy's library. He is sure to never be bored with all of the variety of books we received!
We received so many generous and wonderful gifts! I am always thankful for the amazing friends that have come into my life, but times like this overwhelm me with how amazing they are. I can't thank everyone enough for taking the time to come to this celebration and for their generousity!
I also am reminded as to how creative my friends are. My friend Angie made this lovely decoration that is actually baby socks made to look like flowers!
In addition, one of the gifts from the "girls" (my old roommates who threw the shower) was an amazing scrapbook to keep track of Poppy's first year. It was perfect and I can't wait to begin filling it up!
My girls are really more like family at this point. I am so thankful to have them in my life and am so glad that Baby Poppy will have 4 additional "Aunties" to love him!
Thank you so much to everyone who shared in such a happy day--both those there in person, and those there in spirit from a far! I appreciate it all more than I can say!!!
1 comment:
Everything turned out so perfectly. I so wish I could have been there. I am having major withdrawls from seeing you all.I will definitely have to plan a trip out to meet Baby Poppy. We are possibly looking to come out in September (Badger game maybe??):)
Post a Comment