Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Surprise...it's a Baby Shower!

I work with 14 amazing people. They work tirelessly to help less-advantaged High School students learn about college, the application process, and financial aid. And, because that isn't enough, they plan surprise baby showers in their free time. :) During our "All Staff Retreat" (most of them work in different areas of the state) in late March, I walked into the conference room for lunch, and low and behold--they had gone all out with a lovely Baby Shower for me and Baby Poppy!
Here's an adorable sign that they had made!
In the weeks prior, they had been asking about the nursery--the decorations were all done in the colors of Poppy's nursery!
And, they certainly went above and beyond with so many gifts!
The cake was so delicious--and a hit! Take a close look at the photo...it's one of the photos from our presentations...and VERY appropriate for the Baby Shower!
Baby Poppy and I are so lucky! And my amazing coworkers will certainly make it easier to go back to work after 12 weeks home with Baby Poppy!

1 comment:

Adam and Kim said...

Hooray for supportive work friends!:)