On April 2, my family all made their way to Oshkosh for my 3rd Baby Shower, which was thrown by my Sister and my Mom. It was a nursery rhyme theme, and in true fashion for my family, not a single detail was spared. It was amazing!
Welcoming everyone as they came to the shower was a stork...that's right...Baby Poppy is coming VERY soon!
The shower was at my parents' house. The sun room makes such a beautiful space! Too bad it was the end of April and there was still a bit of snow on the ground!
Here is one of the centerpieces...Hickory, Dickory, Dock. The Mouse went up the clock! All of the decorations fit in with the theme, and we got to take all of them home for lucky Baby Poppy to play with!
My mom is quite the artist...she made these cute decorations for around the room...
"Hey Diddle Diddle"
"Patty Cake"
Even the food had creative names!
"Humpty Dumpty's Deviled Eggs"

"Mary Mary Quite Contrary's Garden Vegetables"

"This Little Piggy Had Roast Beef Sandwiches"

"Jack and Jill went up the Hill to fetch a pail of Watermelon"

There were two delicious cakes that my Sister decorated with Nursery Rhymes, too!

The favors were adorable Egg Timers...Jeremy and I joke that we will use ours to put a time limit on our visitors when Poppy arrives (just kidding!)

There were also fun games that fit the shower theme...this one involved having to guess how much "wool" Baa Baa Black Sheep had in his "Three jars".
Jeremy's parents came down to celebrate the new "Grandbaby-to-be". Here are me, Jeremy, and Poppy along with Grandma & Grandpa (Teigen) and Sithee and Papa (Nichols). Sithee is Lebanese for "Grandmother", and since Jeremy is Lebanese, that is what his mom has chosen to go by.
A picture of some of the guests and I having a fabulous time!

Of course, everyone was EXTREMELY generous to me and Baby Poppy.
My sister made this adorable diaper cake...I still don't have the heart to take it apart, and it sits still in Baby Poppy's room!
My Aunt Mary crocheted this beautiful blanket.

And, Grandma, of course, had to get Poppy started the right way with a bunch of Packer gear...including the baby sized Cheesehead!

They even got Jeremy a little something. Since he is more of the cook in our house, he got a bottle of Poppy seeds from my mom!
Thank you so much to my Mom and Sister for such an amazing shower! And another big thanks to all who came from near and far to help celebrate! Baby Poppy sure is lucky to be a part of such a fabulous family!
1 comment:
Holy Good lord.....what a shower! I honestly think that the 3 of you need to go into business together....I know I've said this before, but I'm NOT JOKING. Loved all of the theme decor, eats and gifts! WOW, WOW, WOW.
I completely and 110% understand where you "get it" Steph! xoxox
Post a Comment