Monday, May 23, 2011

What a 1st Week!

We had a great first week home! There was some adjustment to our sleep schedule, as we weren't used to waking up every 3 hours, but otherwise, Jack fit perfectly into our home!

Here are some pictures from Week 1!

Here is Jack in his carseat on the way home from the hospital. I rode in the back with him, while Jeremy drove us home. We drove through the city, and pointed out sites like The Capitol building, along with things like Target ("Mom's favorite place") and Qdoba ("Dad's favorite restaurant"). He slept the entire time, even while we stopped to get a sub at Cousins. For those who don't know, I couldn't eat deli meat the entire time I was pregnant, unless it was warmed up (yuck!), and it's the one thing that I craved. The night Jack was born, I had a sub sandwhich and have continued to have a sub or delit meat sandwhich everyday since!

When we got home, Jack was still sleeping. What a perfect opportunity for him to try out his new swing!

Here he is in his cradle in our bedroom. It actually was the cradle that I slept in as a baby. My plan "pre-Jack" was to only have him sleep in our room for the first week before moving him to his crib. That quickly went out the window, as I found that my extreme worrisome personality actually could increase. Here we are at week 5 (as I write this), and he still sleeps in the cradle!

I just love his cheeks!!

"Aunt" Keri, "Uncle" Simon, Henry and Victoria were our first visitors at the house!

"Uncle" Robb, "Aunt" Luanne and Duncan also stopped by that week.

Our little "Rockstar"

We had a few doctors' appointments that week, and after a clean bill of health, we stopped for a late lunch at Red Robin.

Our friends Mike, Meredith, and Ben stopped over with delicious food for us, and some nice gifts for Jack. Here is his new mouse friend!
We also took our first walk that week. Jack was in awe of everything he saw (until he fell asleep shortly thereafter).
Daddy and Jack
What a busy week...Jack says "I'm exhausted!!!"

No comments: