Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Kind of Town

Last week, Jeremy and I took a mini-vacation to Chicago. We haven't had a chance to visit since last year, and so decided to take a break from reality for a couple of days.

While Chicago is known for it's Deep Dish Pizza, typically, we don't have it while we are down there. Since we had a few meals to cover, we decided to stop at Giordano's for a delicious Chicago lunch. Of course, the pizza was so filling, we ended up having left overs which we shared with a man asking for money on the street.

We also decided to go to the Shedd Aquarium. Jeremy had never been there, and I haven't been since High School. It was a fun way to spend the afternoon!

Almost better than the Aquarium was the view from the front of it. If only I could look at this view out my window every day!
Since it was such a nice day (40+ degrees), we decided to walk back to our hotel. We enjoyed the views of the architecture!
And even tried to relive some favorite movie memories (If you cannot tell, I'm trying to look like the little girl in the movie "Adventures in Babysitting")
Little did we know we own a piece of downtown!
We walked through Millenium park, and got to see the "Bean" in person. It was really cool to see...it's amazing how reflective it is!
What a fantastic Getaway!

2 comments:

Adam and Kim said...

You totally look like the girl from Adventures in Babysitting.:)So glad that you guys had fun and I love seeing a BLOG post from you. Keep em coming...

Marisa said...

You make me smile!!! So happy you 2 had a great get away!